Compassion Experience Cancelled due to Inclement Weather
What is The Compassion Experience?
This free event features an interactive journey through the true stories of children living in developing countries like the Philippines, Kenya, Uganda and the Dominican Republic. In over 2,000 square feet of interactive exhibit space, visitors will step inside homes, markets and schools — without getting on a plane. Each child’s story starts in poverty but ends in hope.
As a volunteer, you are essential to every step of the Compassion Experience, as guests are educated about Compassion and the difference child sponsorship makes. You are the first face of Compassion for these guests, and you play an important role in their sponsorship decision.
- Ages 10-15 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and a Parent or Legal Guardian must be present and volunteering alongside them.
- Ages 16-17 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and can participate alone or with a group without a parent or legal guardian present.
- Parent or Legal Guardian must electronically sign Compassion’s Volunteer Agreement & Release and Waiver of Liability on behalf of all minors once approved.
- Your time during this event will be utilized through various responsibilities such as: greeting guests as they enter the Experience, setting up iPods for guests, assisting guests with questions and guidance in the World Impact room, etc.
- You will be provided a t-shirt to wear onsite. Feel free to wear nice jeans, pants or shorts (in good taste). Please wear comfortable (preferably closed-toe) shoes.
- Special training will be provided for Event Volunteers prior to the event, as well as onsite when you arrive.
- As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to walk through the Compassion Experience as part of your training.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided, but if your shift falls over a meal time, feel free to bring drinks/food as well.